Friday, January 12th
Learn to Curl
- Curling is a fun and strategic Olympic sport that can be enjoyed by people of all ages and athletic abilities. This event will be held prior to this year’s Winter Olympics, so you can impress all your friends with your newfound in depth knowledge of the game! No special equipment required -just a good pair of running shoes.
- In an effort to gauge how much ice space we will need, please RSVP to Kari Gustafson (email@example.com) to indicate if this is something you are likely to participate in, so we can plan ahead!
- Cost: $30 for non-members, $20 for dues-paying members.
February 3rd 11:00 am
Scioto Country Club
2196 Riverside Dr., Columbus, OH 43221
Social Hour to begin at 11:00 a.m. ~ Lunch to follow at Noon. Menu will consist of your choice of a pecan chicken salad or sirloin salad, served with freshly baked rolls, soup of the day, coffee, and tea. A Theta themed dessert will follow the luncheon.
Cost will be $30 per person, FORM for Founders Day, Membership and Theta of the Year
Know a Theta that doesn't receive the newsletter and might like to attend? Please feel free to pass along this information to her or email Brooke Felts (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a copy of the RSVP form. During the Founders Day season, we make a special effort to reach out to Theta’s who have not updated their contact information or remained active as alumnae. If you know of any sisters who have gone “missing” please feel free to bring their contact information with you to Founders Day!
Fairy Goodmothers provides prom dresses and accessories to young women in Central Ohio who may otherwise not be able to afford these items. Bring any gently used prom appropriate gowns and accessories to Founders Day or find out more about drop off locations around Columbus at fairygoodmothers.org
2018-2020 Columbus Alumnae Chapter Officer Slate
The Kappa Alpha Theta Columbus Alumnae Chapter slates officers every two years. The chapter will have the opportunity to vote on the slate at the Founders Day celebration on February 3rd. Below is the slate that will be presented at that time:
- President- Felicity Hillmer (Beta Tau/Denison Univ.)
- Treasurer- Jessica Rannow (Psi/Univ. of Wisconsin)
- Secretary- Brooke Felts (Beta Tau/Denison Univ.)
- Vice President Membership- Annie McCabe (Alpha Gamma/Ohio State Univ.)
- Vice President Programs- Monica Gacka (Alpha Gamma/ Ohio State Univ.)
- Vice President Publicity- Samantha Sharpe (Gamma deuteron/Ohio Wesleyan Univ.)
- Panhellenic Rep.– Jessica Mossman (Zeta Sigma/Ohio Northern)
- Fundraising Chair- Kari Gustafson (Alpha Pi/ Univ. of North Dakota)
- Service Chair- OPEN
- Young Alumnae Liaison- Maya Barrett (Beta Sigma/ Southern Methodist University)
- Founders Day Chair– Lee Fruhling (Alpha/ DePauw University)
- Founders Day Committee Members- This could be you! We are looking for members to serve on the Founders Day committee. If you are interested in working with the Founders Day Chair to help makethis event a success, please email Felicity at email@example.com
Ballet Met "Giselle"
- Where: Speaker Jo Ann Davidson Theatre (formerly Capitol Theatre) 77 S. High Street
- RSVP to Felicity by January 28th firstname.lastname@example.org